This membership opportunity is designed to support central office leaders working to implement STEM centers/initiatives across their districts or networks that have nonprofit status and whose primary objectives are congruent with the Consortium’s mission. It does not offer NCSSS designation to individual district/network schools.
The NCSSS Membership Committee will review district applications and recommend participation at either the Institutional (Advanced) or Associate (Developing) levels based on their current STEM initiatives Membership in NCSSS brings with it benefits that allow you to connect and engage with other STEM professionals.
District Office Membership is open to districts or networks that fulfill these criteria:
- Have a district commitment to advancing STEM with the primary focus at the secondary level.
- Pursue a holistic approach to STEM through advanced course work or CTE programs.
- Collaborate with external industry or university partners to advance STEM opportunities for faculty or students.
- Encourage participation in authentic research and/or project-based learning.
- Engage students in external STEM related competitions.
District Office Members dues are $750 per year.
Step 1: Fill out the application by clicking the button below:
Step 2: Email the materials listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest/introduction from a district official explaining how the district’s goals are congruent with the mission and goals of the Consortium
- Letter on district letterhead stating tax exempt status
- Electronic district logo for use in the NCSSS Member Directory
If you have any questions about the application process or status, please contact Ann Flynn, Director, STEM Education Partnerships, at email@example.com.
NCSSS Membership Committee
P.O. Box 151738
Chevy Chase, MD 20825