The NCSSS Professional Conference is all about connection and collaboration. This annual event brings together teachers, administrators, and counselors in STEM education to share best practices with other STEM professionals to transform education, empower teachers and improve STEM students’ success.
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 11!
The RFP for speaking proposals for the 2024 Professional Conference is now open! The deadline to submit proposals has been extended to March 11.
We are accepting proposals for 50-minute “breakout” sessions. Breakout sessions can be in various formats (e.g., lectures, presentations with discussion, or hands-on and interactive). Sessions should focus on pedagogy and best practices of STEM education and tagged with a primary area of interest and up to three others from the following list: Computer Science, Engineering, Equity, Grade Levels, Humanities, Leadership, Math, Outreach, Research, SEL, Science, Student Support, or Wellness.
There are two changes to our submission process this year:
- Based on feedback from the 2023 Professional Conference, we have included a question on presenter demographics. This will allow us to be more thoughtful in our selection of a wide variety and diversity of speakers as part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Second, we have included an option to upload a 1-2 minute video talking about your topic. This is not meant to be an exhaustive video, nor should it be professionally edited. A recording from your phone will work great! This will again help us to diversify our speakers and get a better sense of the topic presented than simply filling in fields on a form.
The Professional Conference is an awesome conference to connect with other STEM educators and a great way to collaborate!— 2023 Professional Conference Attendee
Why Attend the Professional Conference?
- Get a deep dive into timely topics such as wellness; diversity, equity and inclusion; leadership in education; and other topics that cross the STEM disciplines.
- Share best practices from your own classroom or district with STEM education professionals from around the country at numerous times dedicated to networking.
- Check out local STEM schools, colleges, or businesses that are relevant to the STEM community by attending our excursions. Some past excursions include Google, MIT, Harvard and Microsoft.
- This is the best professional learning community dedicated to continuing your learning throughout the year.
Who Should Attend the Professional Conference?
The sessions at the Professional Conference are meant for everyone including:
Thank You to Our 2023 Sponsors
This is a place where excellent schools who are working hard at STEM can learn from and with each other.Camsie McAdams, Director of Global STEM Curriculum at Discovery Education and 2023 Professional Conference Keynote Speaker