Consortium Connects are online professional learning roundtables or conversations that are free for NCSSS Member Schools.
Register for the topic you're interested in. Join other teachers and administrators for professional learning and the sharing of ideas.
Consortium Connects 2021 Schedule
|January||1/26||Equity and Inclusion: We have the POWER!|
January 26: Equity and Inclusion: We have the POWER!
We have the power -- the power to improve the STEM learning experience of EVERY student. As individual institutions, we do have the power, but collectively we are exponentially stronger. Let’s dive into our own beliefs and experiences, equity in our schools, the experiences of our students, and our inclusive practices. Let’s reflect, share, and grow together in our first virtual roundtable of 2021.
Consortium Connects Previous Conversations
Members may watch or listen to the on-demand versions of the previous Consortium Connects:
- Admissions & Placement Tests for 2021-22
- Keeping Students Engaged: Summer Programs During COVID-19
- Looking Ahead to Laboratory Experiences
- End of Year Activities & A Look at Next Year Scenarios and presentation materials
- Wraparound Student Support
- The Impact of the CARES Act on STEM Educators
- A Conversation Around Distance Learning
- Incorporating Coding into Introductory Physics Curriculum
- Being a Better Research Project Adviser
- The 'E' in STEM: Teaching Engineering in the Classroom & Maker Space
- STEM Summer Camps
- Exploring Research Competitions
- Working in Groups vs. Group Work
- Setting Students Up For Success
- Using Integral Calculus Throughout the Yearlong, Introductory Physics Course
Seeking Conversation Leaders
We are always looking for speakers to lead the Consortium Connects conversations. You can pick a topic that's of interest or work with NCSSS to find a topic of interest for our members.