Consortium Connects are online professional learning roundtables or conversations that are free for NCSSS Member Schools.
Register for the topic you're interested in. Join other teachers and administrators for professional learning and the sharing of ideas.
Consortium Connects 2020 Schedule
|March||3/24||A Conversation Around Distance Learning|
|April||4/7||The Impact of the CARES Act on STEM Educators|
|4/21||Wraparound Student Support|
|May||5/5||End of Year Activities & A Look at Next Year Scenarios|
|5/19||Looking Ahead to Laboratory Experiences|
|June||6/2||Keeping Students Engaged: Summer Programs During COVID-19|
|July||7/23||College Planning During COVID-19|
July 23 Consortium Connects: College Planning During COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed many things about education, but students and parents still need to plan for the future. How are you staying engaged with your students and parents in college planning during these unprecedented times? One NCSSS school kept parents and students updated on college admissions and planning while working virtually.
Join Kenetta Dash and Jake Sintich, college counselors from the South Carolina Governor's School for Science & Mathematics, as they discuss ways they've worked with their students and parents on college planning and have a conversation on what's worked for your schools.
Consortium Connects Previous Conversations
Members may watch or listen to the on-demand versions of the previous Consortium Connects:
- Keeping Students Engaged: Summer Programs During COVID-19
- Looking Ahead to Laboratory Experiences
- End of Year Activities & A Look at Next Year Scenarios and presentation materials
- Wraparound Student Support
- The Impact of the CARES Act on STEM Educators
- A Conversation Around Distance Learning
- Incorporating Coding into Introductory Physics Curriculum
- Being a Better Research Project Adviser
- The 'E' in STEM: Teaching Engineering in the Classroom & Maker Space
- STEM Summer Camps
- Exploring Research Competitions
- Working in Groups vs. Group Work
- Setting Students Up For Success
- Using Integral Calculus Throughout the Yearlong, Introductory Physics Course
Seeking Conversation Leaders
We are always looking for speakers to lead the Consortium Connects conversations. You can pick a topic that's of interest or work with NCSSS to find a topic of interest for our members.