Associate Membership is open to the following types of schools that have nonprofit status and whose primary objectives congruent with the Consortium’s mission:
- Emerging schools developing as specialized schools or specialized centers
- Schools restructuring to become specialized secondary schools
- Schools designing or redesigning to have specialized centers
- Virtual high schools
- Middle schools
This category of membership is open to schools that fulfill these criteria:
- Has a science, technology, engineering, and mathematics focus.
- Offers advanced course offerings in STEM areas.
- An electronic copy of the NCSSS Journal
- Online profile of your school in the NCSSS Directory
- Reduced registration fees for the annual Professional Conference
- Opportunity to submit articles to the Journal and/or online eNews articles
- Member log-in for NCSSS.org
- Access to members-only programs and service offerings unique to NCSSS
- Opportunity to post job openings on the website
- Opportunity to send students to the Student Summer Research Conference
- Opportunity to attend the annual Summit for Administrators
- Invitations for your school to send representatives to special Consortium-sponsored events
Associate Members dues are $550/year or $1,000/two years.
Fill out the application by clicking the button below:
Create an application packet with the materials listed below. Documents can be mailed or emailed as scanned attachments and/or URLs may be provided. Upon notification of acceptance for membership, you will be invoiced for the appropriate dues.
Letter of interest/introduction from highest school official explaining how your school’s goals are congruent with the mission and goals of the Consortium.
Evidence of program rigor including any or all of the following:
- Description of school/program; printed recruiting materials/website
- School profile as provided by the guidance office
- Advanced curricular offerings including AP/IB/dual enrollment opportunities
- Project/Research requirements/offerings
- Affiliations with local colleges/universities/research facilities/etc.
- List of students’ acceptances for colleges and universities (if applicable)
- Letter of recommendation from school district official, collegiate partner, corporate or research affiliate referencing your institution’s success as a community leader in STEM education
- Links to media,YouTube videos, etc. featuring your student's achievements.
- Letter on school letterhead stating tax exempt status
- Email an electronic logo for use in the NCSSS Member Directory
Letter on school letterhead stating tax exempt statusEmail an electronic logo for use in the NCSSS Member Directory
If you have any questions about the application process or status, please contact
NCSSS Membership Committee
P.O. Box 151738
Chevy Chase, MD 20825
Holy Name Central Catholic Junior/Senior High School
Rockhurst High School