Director of Admissions
Princeton International School for Math and Science (PRISMS)
Job Description: Director of Admissions, PRISMS
Located in Princeton, NJ, the Princeton International School for Math and Science (PRISMS) is a new independent, international, coeducational 9th-12th grade boarding school focused on STEM education. The Director of Admissions is responsible for the design and implementation of all admissions-related initiatives for PRISMS. Reporting to the Dean of Admissions & College Placement, the Director is a member of the leadership team who works closely with the Executive Principal, faculty and staff. This person will create an effective admission plan that supports the strategic priorities and unique mission of the school as it grows over the coming years.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identifying, recruiting and enrolling mission-appropriate students from the US and abroad;
- Having a sincere dedication to the mission of PRISMS and effectively communicating this mission in promotional materials and venues;
- Developing comprehensive applications materials to support a highly-selective admissions process;
- Overseeing campus tours for prospective students and their families;
- Representing PRISMS at conferences and special meetings;
- Keeping current with advancements in the field;
- Preparing data-driven presentations for various constituencies;
- Occasional travel, evening and weekend work will be necessary.
- 5+ years experience leading or working in a successful admissions operation in a highly-selective secondary school.
- Must be exceptionally well organized, creative, flexible, goal-oriented, diligent, and work well independently and collaboratively in a professional setting with high standards.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, have a cheerful and cooperative manner and an outstanding sense of humor.
- Must have an enthusiasm for students who love STEM subjects.
- Must have a desire to help build a new program.
- Experience working with international students highly desired.
- Coachability is a must.