Biology Research Teacher
Rockdale Magnet School for Science and Technology (RMSST)
Description: This is an anticipated position for the 2015-2016 school year. We are seeking a high school research teacher to supervise cell biology research. We anticipate that this teacher would teach six research classes to 9th-12th grade students and also maintain the eukaryotic cell biology laboratory. Rockdale Magnet School for Science and Technology (RMSST) has a tradition of strong cellular biology research with multiple students being both published and winning awards at Intel International Science and Engineering Fair. We have state of the art lab facilities and maintain over twenty mammalian cell lines on campus.
It is a unique high school teaching position, as the person would be supported to continue or explore their own research using RMSST lab facilities as they mentor students with their own project ideas.
RMSST is a public specialized school located in Conyers, Georgia. The mission of the Rockdale Magnet School for Science and Technology, a specialized research-focused learning community, is to foster and produce students who think ethically, critically, and independently while excelling in competitive academic environments and demonstrating high standards and expectations distinguished by:
◦ Rigorous, accelerated curriculum with real-world and global experiences
◦ Student-driven scientific research
◦ Opportunities to evaluate and apply technology in a variety of settings
◦ Instruction in professionalism, digital citizenship, and academic integrity
◦ Personalized academic support and advisement
◦ Collaboration with STEM-focused institutions and industries, including the College of Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology
◦ Extracurricular academic, leadership, service, and international opportunities
◦ Dedicated family and community involvement
◦ Access to all programs and opportunities available at Rockdale County High School