Maine School of Science and Mathematics
Application Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
Type: Part Time
Position Start Date: ASAP
The primary responsibilities of a Residential Instructor are to:
a. Work with students in grades nine through twelve in a residential setting to foster and maintain a healthy and home-like environment in the MSSM residence hall.
b. Develop and implement recreational opportunities that include a variety of games, sports, cultural events, movies, crafts, dances, outdoor activities and life skills.
c. Ensure a safe and secure environment
d. Be a positive role model for the student body.
e. Be approachable and caring.
f. Provide an environment conducive to learning and academic pursuits.
Programs would include a variety of games, sports, cultural events, movies, crafts, dances, outdoor activities and life skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Age 21 or older.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record (school bus license a plus).
- Ability to plan, organize and lead general indoor/outdoor activities.
- Experience in outdoor activities and leadership development is a plus.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Ability and desire to work positively and productively with teenagers.
- Willingness to take on varied tasks that support the program.
- Willingness to be flexible and to adopt energy and work to meet the needs of the program.
- First responder first aid training and Red Cross WSI preferred.
- Visit our website: www.mssm.org for additional information on job duties.
MSSM's part time residential staff receives an hourly rate of $10 per hour.