Consortium Connects are online professional learning roundtables or conversations that are free for NCSSS Member Schools.
Register for the topic you're interested in. Join other teachers and administrators for professional learning and the sharing of ideas.
Consortium Connects 2021 Schedule
|January||1/26||Equity and Inclusion: We have the POWER!|
|February||2/25||Creating a Valuable Partnership for Your School|
February 25: Creating a Valuable Partnership for Your School
The Gatton Academy won the 2020 NCSSS Innovative Partnership award for the school’s international relationship with Cloudbridge Nature Reserve for creating a field-based biodiversity research program over the past 10 years. The experience is open to other NCSSS schools, and Cloudbridge welcomes other members to create similar programs of their own. In this session, you will hear from The Gatton Academy's Derick Strode about the partnership’s roots and learn tips on what has worked.
Consortium Connects Previous Conversations
Members may watch or listen to the on-demand versions of the previous Consortium Connects:
- Equity and Inclusion: We have the POWER!
- Admissions & Placement Tests for 2021-22
- Keeping Students Engaged: Summer Programs During COVID-19
- Looking Ahead to Laboratory Experiences
- End of Year Activities & A Look at Next Year Scenarios and presentation materials
- Wraparound Student Support
- The Impact of the CARES Act on STEM Educators
- A Conversation Around Distance Learning
- Incorporating Coding into Introductory Physics Curriculum
- Being a Better Research Project Adviser
- The 'E' in STEM: Teaching Engineering in the Classroom & Maker Space
- STEM Summer Camps
- Exploring Research Competitions
- Working in Groups vs. Group Work
- Setting Students Up For Success
- Using Integral Calculus Throughout the Yearlong, Introductory Physics Course
Seeking Conversation Leaders
We are always looking for speakers to lead the Consortium Connects conversations. You can pick a topic that's of interest or work with NCSSS to find a topic of interest for our members.