Call for Proposals
The NCSSS 2018 Program Committee asks that member schools submit proposals to speak at the 2018 Professional Conference that showcase innovative practices at their schools, that could benefit colleagues and students throughout the world, related to all aspects of STEM education.
The conference seeks multiple types of proposals to include:
- 50-Minute Education Sessions: Sessions may include presentation with discussion time or panel discussions with multiple participants.
- 50-Minute Roundtable Discussions: Facilitated interactive discussions that allow for in-depth networking and sharing among the participants on a specific topic. Facilitators should bring targeted questions to pose to others at the table in order to learn from and with those attending.
- 1 Hour 50-Minute Hands-On Workshops: Comprehensive sessions designed to provide instructional and positive learning experiences incorporating brainstorming, collaboration, and lots of interaction.
Sessions, roundtables, and workshops should focus on pedagogy and best practices of STEM education in one of the following strands:
- Admissions/Enrollment Management
- College and/or Career Counseling
- Computer Science
- Outreach/Partnerships/Pipelines/Summer Programs
- Wellness/School Climate/Academic Integrity/Mindset
The goal of all workshops is for participants to gain valuable resources, make connections with presenters and other educators, and receive insight into successful pedagogy, with the possibility of implementation of some or all of the best practices into their school environment where possible.
The deadline for proposals is 11:59 pm ET on Friday, March 16, 2018. Notifications will be sent in early May 2018. All submissions will be evaluated on technical quality, writing and presentation, and relevance to secondary STEM schools.